Saturday, December 28, 2013

Still here?

Hello, is anyone left? I know its been way too long since I've posted anything. Life tends to get away from me sometimes.
Its been a busy Fall/Winter for me! After Halloween there was a cascade of projects and general life craziness and I kind of forgot to blog about it. The Holidays are almost over though and life is about to settle down again, or is it? The next few months will be a roller coaster for my family as my Husband is preparing to go to school for a new career in the Army. That will be an interesting time. But we look forward to the challenge.
So, what have I been up to? Well, Christmas was fun. The Bug and I made some cinnamon dough ornaments and I made some cornstarch ornaments to give as gifts. As per my usual forgetful self, I didn't get most of them mailed out in time so they may end up being gifts for next year. Here are the links for the recipes I used:
Scandinavian Christmas Ornaments
Cinnamon Applesauce Ornaments
And here are a few pics of what we made.
 We also sliced some oranges and dried them in my food dehydrator. They turned into lovely ornaments that looked a little like stained glass.

I wanted to make a cranberry orange garland, but it was too heavy for the tree. The birds have enjoyed it though!

Lets see, what else. . .OH My amazing husband got me the best present ever! I am now the proud owner of a Kitchen Aid Artisan Mixer! Its a lovely orange/bronze color and matches my Halloween Kitchen perfectly! I've been baking up a storm and I LOVE IT! Be prepared to see lots of baked goods coming through the blog (if I get my $h!t together).

I hope you've all had a wonderful Holiday Season! Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. Good for you. Glad to see you've been blogging again. I hope to see some amazing baked goods pictures soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! A new blog article! I would rather taste the food, but pictures will do :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I'll have to figure out a way to ship some goodies to you.

    ReplyDelete